Requests for funding can be submitted by charitable nonprofit organizations and units of government (school district, municipality, library, etc.) for a specific project. Additionally, submissions will be accepted from individuals, businesses or other organizations as long as the proposal has an eligible fiscal sponsor. This means you will be required to partner with a non-profit organization 501c3 or a unit of government (school district, municipality, library etc.) to receive funding and implement the idea.
*Charitable purpose has to be maintained for distribution from a foundation. Issuing grants to individuals directly isn’t something done by The Iowa Clinic Healthcare Foundation.
Rise Up Iowa seeks to support efforts that:
- Have a personal/community impact on Central Iowans in the areas of health or compassion.
- Will have actionable results by June 2017.
- Have full support (which could include fiscal sponsorship) of at least one non-profit organization or unit of government (school district, municipality, library etc) to implement the idea.
- Agree to share stories of the project- from start to finish- with the broader community.
Rise Up Iowa will not provide funding for the following:
- Individuals (scholarships, stipends, fellowships, research, travel, etc.)
- For-profit ventures
- Sectarian religious program promoting a particular faith
- Endowment, memorials or traditional building/capital campaigns
- Lobbying, political or fraternal activities
- Sponsorships including sports teams, “walks,” special events, conferences, etc.
- Fees for memberships, dues, subscriptions, etc.
- Reduction of deficits or debt retirement
- Projects not supporting Central Iowans
Rise Up Iowa will issue grants to support charitable projects and programs that impact the lives of individuals and families in Central Iowa.